Sunday, February 15, 2015

Presidents Choice Thai Green Curry cooking sauce

OK, so I’m not a big fan of spicy food… I’ve only just started cooking with a little heat from Jalapeno peppers…

The hubby decided to cook dinner tonight, pork stir fry. He brought home Presidents Choice Thai Green Curry cooking sauce. I’ve seen in it the grocery store; we use cooking sauces quite a bit. I’ve always walked past it as it, didn’t look appealing.

He started by cooking the pork, no problem. Opened the cooking sauce and added it to the frying pan, I have to admit, right off the bat, I wasn’t impressed. Visually, I was looking at a cream based sauce, but I knew it was curry. I was having difficulty making the connection, but chalked it up to my own bias.

The aroma (smell would be a better word to use), was not what I expected from a curry based sauce. I’m not sure how to describe it, but it smelt stale.

We served it over a bed of brown rice (undercooked I might add). I was fine with the texture, but I can’t lie, I was less than impressed with the taste.

I ate less than a forkful and couldn’t eat any more. There was very little curry flavor in the dish. There was very little flavor period. I will admit that the reason I couldn’t finish the dish was not the cooking sauce, but rather the undercooked rice.

I picked out the pieces of pork in my dish and ate those. Again, not impressed with the sauce. The smell emanating from my plate was very off-putting.

All that being said, the hubby and the boys finished their plates. Although none of them went back for seconds (which is unusual in my house). Let’s also remember that my boys still live by the 5 second rule for anything that makes it onto the floor accidentally, so don’t put much stock in the fact they finished their plates.

My opinion, not a product that I will ever purchase again.

No comments:

Post a Comment